SARA: Oh Boy, Soccer!

DOWNLOAD: Quicktime/iPod

SARA: Here is me playing soccer.

DOWNLOAD: Quicktime/iPod

About Chris Weagel

Chris Weagel writes about the intersection of technology and parenting for Wired Magazine. No he doesn't. He can't stand that shit.

29 Responses to “SARA: Oh Boy, Soccer!”

1. Dooser 08/01/05 at 7:24 pm #

That was good. You look talented, do you play in school, I’m guessing?

I was playing in a men’s league. Which is fun. Watching older college guys try so hard and not be able to do anything against my defending. Sad, now, I won’t be able to play for a while.

2. Dooser 08/01/05 at 7:25 pm #

Wait. You did the music? GarageBand?

3. Carl Weaver 08/01/05 at 7:35 pm #

Nice little funk track you had going there, Sara. You might make it as a one-person band after all.

I love watching soccer. Mostly because I am fat and lazy and soccer is way too much work to actually play. And you end up sweating, which I can’t be bothered with.

Nice playing!

4. Cuoredifango 08/02/05 at 2:42 am #

Well, you may think that is strange, I’m from Italy and I hate soccer, but the video it’s funny, well edited and I also think that you may have some good chances here.
    Nice music too

5. Michael Meiser 08/02/05 at 11:15 pm #

Wow, that was amazing. so well put together. Quick, never a dull moment, 100% fun… and if i understand correctly not a single thing that wasn’t created by you… intro’s, the out, great editing, even music. I’m thinking you’re going to have your own show one day, but then you already have one!

BTW, I can tell you’re pretty talented there with soccer. I forget how old you are. Are you playing on the college level? I had a brother play in college.

Cheers,

Mike

6. saraweag 08/02/05 at 11:30 pm #

Yeah garage band was my tool for the music. It really did take a long time though! Thank you for the nice comments everyone!!

7. Josh Leo 08/03/05 at 11:46 pm #

ok seriously…stop it. stop making good videos, stop being good at soccer, stop being funny, if you keep this up you are going to monopolize skill.

8. Steve Garfield 08/03/05 at 11:48 pm #

Loved this one.

You are good.

9. bottomunion 08/04/05 at 8:28 am #

…the footskillz!

10. Mica 08/04/05 at 1:39 pm #

hey girlie, you are multi talented freak – in the theatre we call it La Triple Threat – typically this means singing dancing and acting, but nobody can really do all three of those things well. However, you are a damn fine editor, you rock the rock and kick some balls pretty good, too! So, that’s three things right there. So I’m wondering how come nobody wants to play with you?

11. amy of amyville 08/04/05 at 9:00 pm #

crap, you’re funny. sick tan. AND you are making want to get out and run. I’m going to do that tomorrow. too bad I suck at soccer. nice with the music. how are you doing that? garage band? what? what.

12. adam 08/05/05 at 3:01 am #

Goddamned music is right. Nice beats.
    I gotta get this “garageband” thingy.
    Garage bands in general have disappointed me.
    Hopefully this one doesn’t smoke so much pot.

13. Verdi 08/07/05 at 5:50 pm #

Wow, you’re like, athletic and stuff.

14. juan carlos gonzalez 08/08/05 at 2:49 am #

I laughed & almost coughd up a lung when you were running and you SAID “Nobody better be watching me.”

Awesome edit by the way, like way awesome.

15. Yves 08/08/05 at 11:23 am #

You Weagels are crazy with mad energy! If I did all that I’d have to crash in bed for 2 days.

16. Jerome 08/09/05 at 2:18 am #

The best one yet! Wait… hey… no Pelรฉ bicycle kick? Shame!-shame!… no… ummm… Good soccer player! Yea! That’s right!

“Praise be to Allah!” ~ M. Tyson

17. Louie 08/09/05 at 4:02 pm #

Sara Weagel Rules! Can i be your buddy?

18. Elizabeth 08/10/05 at 11:13 am #

Howdy Sara! This is Liz calling. Great videos! I love them! I’m going to come over this weekend and eat all of your food.

19. taxiplasm 08/10/05 at 12:36 pm #

screw the dancing – apple should just have you with a soccer ball as the new iPod shuffle commercial

-taxiplasm

20. Ryan 08/11/05 at 4:04 am #

What a great post! Love the iPod Shuffle.

I like the music, too! The trumpet/brass sting sounds familiar… did you get that from GarageBand.com? Might you remember the name?

21. Dooser 09/13/05 at 10:44 pm #

I love this video. ..still.

22. zulacent 09/19/05 at 10:46 am #

Hey girl,
    Your soccer skills are amazing!
    I like this video. It not only encourages people to do exercise, but to actually master the sport.
    I don’t know what else you are good at, but this soccer skills shows that you’re some kind of modern renaissance person.
    Chido (Cool)

Rafael

23. Tim 09/29/05 at 2:44 pm #

What’s the song at the end of the video (moody guitar thing)? It’s familiar, but I can’t place it…

24. Zak 10/03/05 at 12:04 am #

I don’t know how the hell I just found your blog, but I’m sure glad I did. You’re f**king hilarious! I loved “Nobody better be watchin’ me!” Only downer is you gotta ditch that Shuffle for a Nano : )

25. Angsuman Chakraborty 11/08/05 at 1:20 pm #

You got a good thing going here Sarah. You and Human Dog group going for the American dream eh ๐Ÿ™‚

26. Nathan Miller 11/20/05 at 3:57 am #

What a great video! Looking forward to your next one!! I used to live in America…I miss grass.

27. Webdawson 11/21/05 at 7:42 am #

AMAZING – BETTER THAN RONALDINHO! You’re my hero sara ๐Ÿ˜‰

28. Sara Weagel 09/18/06 at 11:35 pm #

this video still works. it is just missing its photo. the human dog techs are working out the problem.

29. Bill C. 10/30/06 at 10:50 am #

GREAT track! hahaha I was expecting to see Isaac Hayes or Shaft or Pam Grier show up any second! ๐Ÿ˜€